Apothicom Sterifilt FAST-Hi Speed Sterile Syringe Filter
- Packaging: Individual sterile blister pack.
- Sterifilt FAST is a sterile and single use 10µm membrane particle filter, exclusively developed in the field of harm reduction. Designed to fit the increasing injection of crushed tablets originally intended for oral intake, it rapidly eliminates vehicles from the solution prior to injection.
- Properties: Reduces injection related harms, such as: abscess, phlebitis, “dirty hits” embolism and oedema. Removes 90% of particles measuring more than 5 microns, 100% of particles 10 microns or larger. Retains less than a third of the drug residue held by makeshift filters.
- Indications: Prevention of tissue damage and infections related to inadvertent injection of insoluble particles. Promotes the single-use of filters. Helps reduce risk of blood-borne virus transmission.
- Caution: Sterifilt® degrades and may become blocked after use. Sterifilt® does not filter out viruses or bacteria.
- Clinical history: Developed in France since 1998 in conjunction with needle exchange programs. Safety and efficacy validated by laboratory assays. Tested with brown heroin (base), white heroin (hydrochloride), cocaine (hydrochloride), crack (cocaine base) amphetamines and crushed tablets. Directions for use: Hold vertically. Draw up fluid smoothly.